Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Why did I laugh ?

We were out of Oil. We had just played a fabulous game of Foot-tennis and we needed to be fed. "Its Wednesday".. I screamed in joy.. "cheap drinks at Westend".Bogdan replied, "Sure, lets have a pitcher and walk up to the corner shop and get the oil too, we'll come back and have one of our regular nights -- wash the dishes, cook, drink a beer or two while cooking,eat, relish, watch TBS ('sex and the city', crib about 'Outback Jack'),quick-channel-surf even before the picture registers in your head, and sleep".

So there we were, equipped with only a 'tenner' and a debit card, we made a decision to go to the Westend pub first as it wouldn't be too smart of us if we were seen carrying a bottle of canola oil there.

Sweaty as we were, sitting out at the patio was a more radical choice,none empty though. I'd kill myself for grabbing the one with the lonely guy and not the lonely (and good-looking) girl. Conversations,beer, and ten minutes later -- the girl was an engineer and the guy was a two-time divorcee. Bogdan (who happens to be an engineer too)left me alone with the 'cribbing machine' for the engineer chick.

2 more pitchers and one more meaningless conversation later, we concluded three things
-- 1. If you are wealthy don't marry
-- 2. Everyone gets drunken alike, engineers divorcees and foot-tennis champions
-- 3 We had nothing to lose, so we ordered dinner. Oh yes! Another pitcher, just to go through dinner.

Blink of an eye and I found myself away from all this, in a new place,was this place an Irish pub? Yes it was! Voila, there was another pitcher too - and this time my fave one -- STELLA ARTOIS! I reached the point of no return. More Monologues (me) and less dialogues (me and Bogdan, who still stuck with me) later, we had 4 large slices of'I-dunno-what-yu-put-on-this-pizza' slices to keep us company while walking home. Surprisingly I don’t remember chewing/eating those pizzas as I was laughing for some odd reason looking at the street- signs on each street, I was laughing as I was yelling them out.

But I have no idea why.


1 Comments:

Blogger dewdrop said...

abey kucch tho likh!! pata hain, don rub it in ki ur having too much fun in des to have any time to do this

mmuuuahhhh!

August 24, 2004 at 6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home